Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Boomerang Express

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while! I've been so busy this past week that I haven't had time to! But here are my VBS pictures from about 3 weeks ago. I found out about 2 Sundays before hand that I was going to have to decorate my room because the teacher would not be able to. I was ok with this because I love decorating things, but I did not have anything and was nervous that my teacher would not like it. So, from then on, I was so worried about it and thought that it was going to be such a terrible room. Then my future sister-in-law calls me and tells me that she has some stuff for me to use for my room! I was so excited because the things that she had fit perfectly into the room! I was so thankful for her and for her providing the decorations for me. She was not supposed to do a VBS at the church where she got the stuff, but God knew exactly what was to happen so I am glad that she went and worked with them! She was a life saver and I am so thankful for her!

My future mother-in-law also came and helped me put up my decorations that Sunday before VBS began. We stayed there for about 4 hours and if I had done it by myself, it would have probably taken me much longer. So I was very thankful for her to take her time to come and help me! I definitely am very blessed to be coming into a family that loves me just like my own family loves me!

Our church did the "Boomerang Express" theme which I loved! The music was great and my favorite songs were the "Follow You" and "Working on my Serve." I think that the music part has been and will always be my favorite part of VBS. The music this year really showed the students what it meant to follow Jesus and to have Him in their lives. I just loved it so much! Just look through the pictures and see how much fun we had!

We were the WALKABOUTS!! (I'm not really sure what that is but it was still fun)

G'Day Mate!

The children's minister's wife ran the crafts for 3rd through 5th grade. She did a great job!

Some of the students working on their crafts

This was the main stage area in the sanctuary. The leaders did a great job of putting everything together! I know that I would not have done this good of a job!

Overall, VBS was a hit with everyone! We had some kids who had never been to church before, some that went to other churches, and some that were regulars at this church. But in the end, every student was touched some how and really opened up. This VBS was great and I know that God was there showing us Him in all that we did!! I am so thankful to have a church like this that I can be apart of while at college! The Lord has truly blessed me with this church family!

More pictures to come about the wedding!! I promise!!

1 comment:

  1. I'ma gonna follow, follow...I'ma gonna follow, follow...F-O-L-L-O-W I'ma gonna follow you :)

    ReplyDelete